In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
The place to be for topics too hot for any place else
Share your favorite pix, a special lady in your life or someone else's life
You have no favorite boards.
Looking at all the offers Urban has put out to the top 50 of Sports 247 so far (22), it is exciting and amazing that we have such a good shot of landing Half on them in this class of 2013. I would NEVER have said that under Tressel's regime, not just because of JT, but because his Asst. were not the caliber of recruiters that we have now. But to look at the offers pending now, and the legitimate shots we have are outstanding.
3. Vernon Hargreaves - #1 CB 18 offers - probably going to S Fla with his dad
4. Laremy Tunsil - #1 OT - he called us - love to him - probably a pipe dream
6. JAYLON SMITH - #1 OLBI believe Ours to lose Rod's brother - ND & OSU 50-50
8. JALIN MARSHALL - #1 ATH Committed
9. Su'a Cravens - #1 SS new offer SS top Safety could never have thought of him before - will be hard to pull him east
11. ROBERT FOSTER - #1 WR -Will decide early I think we have a good shot at him
19. Kedall Fuller #2 CB - not sure what chances we have here
21. EJ Levenberry - #2 MLB on the board - probably headed south - not our priority
24. Vonn Bell - 2nd Safety on the board Cant miss Ath. I would go all out for this kid
26. A Muhommed - #1 WDE - Offers from everywhere - will wait until signing day - let him go
28. TY ISAAC - #4 RB- but how many top RBs want to come here with the stable of backs we have? Some say leaning at Scum
29. Adam Brenaman - #1 TE - will be hard to pull away from PSU
30. CAM BURROWS - #4 Committed - Could move to Safety
34. Derwin Grey - OT probably a token offer
37. JOEY BOSA - #2 SSDE - great offer - great family ties - we have as good a chance as anyone
38. JT Barrett #1 DUAL - would be a coup to pull this kid out of Texas but if anyone can do it, it is Urban
39. Leon McQuay #5 S- another top Safety for us to look at - we need 5 DBs in this class 2 CBs & 3 Ss
48. James Quick #3 WR - We should pickup 3 WRs including Marshall
40. DYMONTE THOMAS #6 S committed to Michigan right now - but can be flipped after visiting 8 home games to watch cousin Brionte carry the rock for the Buckeyes and celebrating in the Locker room, especially after the Michigan game. Committing that day
25. Jake Raulerson #3 OT committed early to home state Texas as expected
42. Kyle Bosch ILL #5 OT committed to Mich. early
48. Chris Fox COL. #7 OT committed to Mich. early with family ties
Of the top 50, we have 22 offers out and could possibly land half of them. I have CAPPED the ones I think are in the Barn, and I think I have been conservative because we are in on on serious Athletes and will land more than that. We have offers out on 5 Safeties in the top 50 and want 3 of them. After Burrows commitment, I believe we can get 2 of the 4 from Cravens, Bell, McQuay, and Thomas. That is our #1 priority in this year's class is to shore up the secondary because we fell short last year with Cox and Bradley going elsewhere. We may need another CB if we plan to move Burrows over to S. This way, this secondary is taken care of for 4 years. We took care of the LBs in the 2012 class, and will add on with Smith and Kimbrough. We also took care of the pass rush with all the LEOs we recruited in 2012 along with Steve Miller maturing. So we should have our Silver Bullets back together, and giving Braxton and our Offense more of a Comfort Zone
to let it go and hang a HUNDRED on the scoreboard like Urban has been quoted as saying. LOL That Defense is so important in giving a young Offense some confidence to trying some new things and hanging it all out. Now we can recruit some premium players to
"PUT US OVER THE TOP."
I have also Capped out the balance of the 247 with the Athletes I believe are in the Barn if signing day was next week.
52. Marquez North - #4 WR 30% Kid definitely has talent - would be a great pickup if we could get him
60. ETHAN POSIC #10 OT very good cances with this kid
62. Aaron Bailey - #2 DUAL - Great Prospect - interested in Urban - don't know what our chances are
66. Henry Poggi - #7 DT one of the better interior DTs would be a good on - we need a couple new ones
69. TIM KIMBROUGH #4 MLB probably ours to lose
75. L Treadwell #8 WR another top receiver
76. HUNTER BIVIN #11 OT probably our to lose
83. WOODARD #6 CB - Committed
91. SHELTON GIBSON #9 WR close to committing
98. MARCUS BAUGH - #5 TE would love to have this kid - love his tape - h back/te
100. TASHAWN BOWER - #1 WSDE 30% great prospect
102. GREG WEBB - #12 DT friend of Eli's - coming for Spring Game
105. ELIJAH DANIEL - #6 SSDE Another top Strongside - but do we have room?
108. DERRICK GREEN - #13 RB - loves the Buckeyes 50-50
117. MALIK ZAIRE - #4 DUAL - ours to lose - unless we don't want him bad enough?
or MITCH TURBISKY - PRO - our to lose
or 126. BUCKY HODGES - #11 PRO - another top Pro QB to pick from if we want one
151. David Williams - #17 RB a top RB but we don't need him
150. JACOB MATUSKA - #6 TE/OT Definetely ours to lose
168. MICHAEL McCRAY - #10 Ath -DE/LB - Need to offer - will come here in a NY minute
190. Pat Kugler #20 OT if we have room for him will probably come here
205 BILLY PRICE - #16 DT -committed
210. MIKE HEUERMAN - #8 TE - waiting to commit
251 EVAN LISLE - #28 OT is favoring OSU- will play OG
I KNOW THERE IS 22-25 RECRUITS HERE THAT ARE CAPPED, and there is not quite that much room, but that is what my targets are, and will let Urban work it out. But these are very realistic expectations.
15 of these are OOS NATIONAL ELITE RECRUITS! These are some serious Blue Chippers.
Ohio is NOT rich in talent this year.
.Tell me what you think but I am just unbelievably excited that Urban would be in on these kinds of elite OOS recruits that Tressel and crew could never have had a shot at. Remember how we all sat there in January waiting for those National kids to make up their minds and one by one none of them came here, but Urban and Nick and Les and Bobby Bowden seemed to be getting all of them to sign with them? FINALLY now, we have a shot at our share of the BIG BOYS!
We can be #1 or #2 with BAMA every year!
And we can actually compete for National Championships EVERY YEAR!
All we have to do is get past Wisconsin in our Division, and then beat SMAAC in the BlG Championship Game Every Year.
And the way Urban know sees Wisconsin, I think that is his new vision of Georgia Beat down, after the crybaby Bull Shit.
You don't think he is not making a book on everything Hoke and Bielsma has said about him?
I would love to hear Rome's new take on Urban now!
We haven't even translated any of this on the field yet!
This post has been edited 5 times, most recently by Catdaddy on 2/25/2012 at 9:15 AM
Right now it would seem to me that we will not take more than 6 or 7 from Ohio this year (Burrows, Marshall, Price, Lisle, Peterson, Love and Thomas). I think we can do better than Green at his position and Day cost himself recently. By the time Day can redeem himself (if he can) with us all schollies will be filled. That means the balance of the class comes from outside the state and I am pleased that it appears we are expanding our recruiting to the East and into Texas. I think ultimately we will be pulling an elite recruit out of California as well. Yes, I do not see recruiting being a problem for this staff. Now the question out there can this staff coach them up properly and how long will the staff stay together for continuity?
Cleveland Orchestra Baby!! World's greatest!! The Brown's wet dream is to be them. The Ohio State University-Where the Illibuck Lives!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports