In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 432
Online now 463 Record: 10904 (2/4/2012)
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Hey everyone, my wife and I are flying out to San Fran today and have 2 questions
1 Anyone know any Buckeye bars or good place that may have the game on?
2 Have any must see places there? We are there 11 days and are going to Sonoma, Carmel, Big Sur and San Fran.. Right now the only thing planned is wine country and the Alcatraz Night tour...
I live in SF... Pedros Cantina hosts the Buckeye Alumni Club... Usually a pretty good crowd... Plus Mexican food, beer and margaritas.. Good place to go. Here is the info...
128 King St
(between 2nd St & 3rd St)
San Francisco, CA 94107
These are all good side trips... but Alcatraz at night will be really cold. Big thing... bring warm clothes... October is usually our best month but it can also be cold... You can never predict the weather...
When are you coming? where are you staying? I can give you some ideas of things to do based on your location... Also, jsut a side note... two things you never say ... San Fran or Frisco... it drives the locals nuts...
In SF for Dinner... Delfinos... gerat Italian,
Welcome to SF! You'll want to watch the game @ Pete's Tavern. It's on King Street between 2nd and 3rd (across the street from AT&T Park). I've watched many a Buckeye game at this place. The night game at Wisconsin three years ago was literally packed with Buckeyes.
As for places to see. Sounds like you've got a good start. Here are a few more suggestions:
1. Walk across Golden Gate Bridge
2. A day trip to Marin - Muir Woods, Stinson Beach, Sausalito
3. Cable Car through downtown. Major tourist trap but also very cool and offers great views.
4. Mission District - great nightlife and people watching
5. North Beach - see above
This should give you a place to start. And, then next year you can come back for the Cal game! GO BUCKS!
This post was edited by elloyd1681 18 months ago
My buddy lives in San Jose...Check out: www.bayareabuckeyes.com for game watch locations, etc.
Thanks so much for the insight actually about to fly out.. wer e staying at the Marriott Marquee... I llove seeing bucks all over the country! Buckeye Nation
Great location... Pete Tavern was mentioned above... It is literally joined to Pedro's Cantina... you can roam between them and see which has the best crowd.. also depends on what you want to eat...
If you are at the Marriott Marquis... Here are a few suggestions...
1. Go to the Waterfront: the Ferry Building and Farmer's Market is pretty cool.... Slanted Door is an AWESOME restaurant for dinner... Water Bar on the waterfront is awesome. Pricey but worth it...
You can take the Ferry to Sausalito... (just bring a jacket) Great waterfront shopping. My friend owns an awesome waterfront restaurant called Bar Bocci... serves Sourdough Pizzas... right on the water... He's British... If you go ak for him and simply say "O-H..." he loves it... he knows the response... pretty good for a Brit.
2. Check out Golden Gate Park and the Academy of Sciences... pretty amazing only 3 years old... It gets great publicity worldwide...
3. A couple of restaurants close by... Lulu's is pretty good... There is a little place on the corner one block from the hotel on Market... Awesome food... Can't remember the name, just ask the hotel. Thirsty Bear is a great casual place to have a bear and some good comfort food and catch a game. (Not Buckeyes go to Pedro's / Pete's).
4. You are a couple of blocks from Union Square... Nice for the wife to do some shopping... Then you can walk to Chinatown.
5. For lunch try Dim Dum... Chinese small plates on carts... THE BEST PLACE is Yank Sing... Close to the waterfront... Hotel can give you directions...
Hopefully this gets you started... Email if you have any questions .... Happy to help a fellow Buckeye out.
Have a great time in our beautiful city!
Hope you enjoy your trip. Didn't realize so many Buckeyes were in the bay. Hopefully I'll see some of you at the Cal game next year.
Will be there!... Try Pedro's / Pete's... Lots of Buckeyes every week...
I used to go to the Outpost in San Ramon if you are in the East Bay.
Greens Sports Bar
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports