In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
Bring it here for non-sports chatter that causes spirited, informed debate.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
exactly. they are only looking at CURRENT football success. very short sighted.
"according to a source familiar with the goings on behind the doors of the WHAC,there is absolutely no panic.Actually, quite the contrary."
It will work out fine. Might take a few years but all will be good and BIG takes over more media market in the meantime. BIG has always been a force, will continue to be a force, and this is a strong move in every way except the football field (for now).
The money has already rolled in and teams fail to hire coaches. Even the ones that shell out cash like Iowa refuse to fire him when he is underperforming. The B1G has a serious free rider problem. There are really 2 to 3 schools that are doing the heavy lifting. TOSU should keep all options open moving forward for football alignment.
Cleveland Orchestra Baby!! World's greatest!! The Brown's wet dream is to be them. The Ohio State University-Where the Illibuck Lives!
As a fan, I'd prefer we add the best teams in the country, just for annual matchups. That said...
1) I don't give a sheet about the Conf. (unlike the idiots who cheer S-E-C, S-E-C). I only care about OSU;
2) It's a business and this is all about money;
3) Starbucks just acquired a tiny competitor and Hertz just acquired Dollar-Thrifty. Do you think either asked their customers who they should buy...or even give a damn what their customers (or media commentators) think about the move? Not so much. No different for the B1G.
4) Once we get to 16, the SEC will follow and so will PAC-12 and 1-2 others. The Conf. champs will be made auto-bids to an expanded 8-team playoff. That's good for fans and good for OSU. So I'm all for getting to 16 as fast as possible and will grudgingly accept the egghead, weak-football teams the B1G leadership wants if it gets us there faster.
5) 16 will force 9 Conf. games, which dumps a cream-puff...and I'm all for that, even if the new B1G teams aren't a massive upgrade over the mid-majors we'll dump in favor of them.
6) I'm hopeful that a not-so-devastating B1G schedule, combined with playoff SOS pressure will force us to have 1 great and 1 good OOC game each year (along with 1 in-state cream-puff).
This post was edited by JarheadBuck 20 months ago
Guess what....fans don't care about tv markets. We are about watching games. Cant wait for an OSU/Rutgers game!!! Errrrr.... Not so much.
he wouldn't let his players pose in the Playboy All-American magazine edition, he said, "Cause you can't play football with an erection."
The sad thing is we did not need to pick one over the other. We could have had both. The B1G network was a lucky gift due to ESPN spurning Delany.
You need to step away from your TV and see how this is a business in every sense of the word and how this is good for The Ohio State University. This makes my Alma Mater that much stronger and I personally love it.
Well, then that is their problem. All I know is that Ohio State pays for Head Coaches and invests in the football program. At some point, these other schools in our conference will do the same or they simply won't be able to compete.
The BTN was certainly not a gift. You are right though that because of ESPN, who were low balling the B1G, Delaney went and thought outside the box and got the BTN started.
someone listens to ESPN talk radio? hopefully this isn't from a B10 grad...they are smarter than that.
It may make the swimming team stronger but can't see an impact on football. I can't imagine there is much the football team doesn't get due to money.
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons".
General Douglas MacArthur
disagree, now PSU has several rivals they can truly compete with....
look ..we all know about the $$...but for eality sake..we're just trying to give a complete picture of what Rutgares and Md fb programs throughout history truly are...I mean yo can put lipstick and a dress on a pig...and it's still a pig.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports