In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
Bring it here for non-sports chatter that causes spirited, informed debate.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
14 people dead and many more injured. I will never understand how someone could do something like this. The death penaty is to good for a guy like this!!
I can't even imagine how the familys of the victims are feelingg rightnow.my prays and sympathy goes out to them all.
This post was edited by stevel1969 2 years ago
right with you.......I think I'll wait for the DVD
I can't even imagine what it must have been like witnessing this take place and what the lasting effects it will have on those that were there. Extremely sad event.
I'm sure the anti 2nd Amendment folks will be out in full force bad mouthing law abiding gun owners.
Extremely sad.... Things like this are also why I carry almost everywhere I go.... Rediculous...
Agree with you. And now? The state of CO will keep this animal fed and lawyered for the rest of his sorry life.....instead of taking him straight to the electric chair.
If more places would allow law abiding gun owners to carry then psychos like this would get gunned down instantly.
I understand peoples concern with that though as they don't want to be in a shootout. But I can't help to wonder how many lives could have been saved during this tragic event if there had been some gun owners carrying in the movie theater.
This post was edited by Buckeyeboy45 2 years ago
The wife and I went to the movies a few weeks ago and she asked me why I was carrying into the theater. I just told her that it does no good sitting in the truck. It is reasons like this that I am packing 90% of the time that I am out if the house. The other 10% of the time is when I am going somewhere I am not allowed to carry or I am going to be consuming alcohol. This is such a tragic event.
I'm right with you. I went to the midnight show of the movie last night and I was carrying.
Too many hoodlums out last night....and I live by the adage "nothing good ever happens after midnight..."
Exactly... Idk what you carry but I carry a 1911 with hollow point hydro shocks and they will go through almost any body Armor, and if thy don't it will still knock you on your ass.... I well placed shot from one person would of ended it.... (I want to clarify by saying, I am in no way blaming anyone on not stopping this)
Criminals always find a way to get guns.
Look up Jessica Redfield on Twitter. She was an intern at a sports radio station in Denver and she was one of the 14 killed. Twitter leaves an deep footprint as her last tweet is "movie starts in 20 minutes". Very sad indeed.
I carry a Glock 36 with hollow point hydro shocks as well.
I know they will and that is why I carry.
Do you think the answer to this is to take the guns away from law abiding gun owners?
Increased gun ownership and carrying = decreased crime. This will most certainly get the gun control advocates drum beating. Never mind, that intuitively and through any studies ever done, increased gun control does not decrease gun or violence and usually it does the opposite. I love the example of the little known town, Kennesaw, GA, where gun ownership was made a requirement to buy or own a home and crime (which was high), subsequently plummeted.
The gunman is going to get exactly what he wanted. Attention. As a country we need to get tough on this kind of thing. If there are plenty of witnesses then I say you hang him for everybody to see. The next moron might think twice about doing something this terrible. Putting them in prison and giving them all this media attention obvious isnt working. It seems like once a year something like this happens.
Not sure if anyone saw Jessica Redfield's blog, but she was involved in another shooting in Toronto in June. Unbelievable. Are there coincidences??...I'm starting to think not.
Time and change will surely (truly) show
How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!
I say we infect him with that flesh eating disease , lock him in a cell, and wait until it is over.
I got 3 down votes for being PRO 2nd Amendment LOL!!
I really worry about this country.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports