In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2542
Online now 2532 Record: 10904 (2/4/2012)
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
On Scout anyhow.
Que all the people who poo-poo rankings and 'star gazing'. It's fun. I consider it a guilty pleasure of mine.
I have spent a little more time sorting through the services this year. Some thoughts on Scout in terms off the biggest eval divides from the other services:
They have three 5* that the other services don't seem nearly as high on:
1. Justin Davis (#21 whose next best ranking is 41 from Rivals but who will jump when ESPN evaluates and gets him somewhere in their top 150),
2. James Quick (#26 whose next best is 59 on ESPN, he will jump once football season starts back up as he is a 3 sport athlete who did not camp at all),
3. Patrick Kugler (#31 whose next best ranking is 73 from Rivals - unlike the other two I expect Scout to fall in line with the other and take his fifth star). Vanderdoes and Conner will get similar down grades out of the top 10.
On the flip side, Scout is notably coolest on the following:
1. Cam Burrows (#108?!) who is ranked #19 on average by the other three sites!
2. Eli Woodard (#91) who is ranked #29 on average by the other three sites!
The next closest disparity is Mackensie Alexander (#51) who is rank at #31 by the other three sites on average. So Scout is the only service not a fan of those two Buckeye commits.
Bosa's offer list and film speaks for itself, same with his coach saying he is the best defensive athlete he has coached at St. Thomas Aquinas, that school has had a ton of talent.
Do not blame Bosa for not camping, his game speaks for itself.
He has had a 5 star on scout for a few months now
Bosa and Woodard will both be 5 stars on Rivals (provided they both remain in the top 30). Rivals usually extends their 5 star talent to around 30 players on their final evaluation. Right now Bosa and Woodard are at #19 and #20 respectively. If you're into the whole star ranking thingy.
And I shall rejoice in victory for another 365 days over That School Up North.
Hell be a 5 on rivals soon. The only reason he dropped was because he hasn't gone to any camps or combines. So Farrell said its harder to evaluate. Once the senior films come out he will probably push into the top 10
2 things I miss about Florida.... Fishing and going. To STA games...
Excellent news for him and Buckeye recruitniks near and far! I wonder if he'll do another back flip given the good news?
Joey Bosa doing a backflip at The GridIron Club in Weston, FL
You don't see size, strength and agility in one package very often!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports