In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2048
Online now 2352 Record: 10904 (2/4/2012)
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I know one of you guys. Chris ____
Depends whats around, but I used to go to Wendys and get a triple baconator with extra cheese.... or Waffle House and get steak & eggs.
As far as hang over recipe.... food, asprin and water before I go to bed. then water, water, water in the AM and a little bit of gatorade.
This post was edited by OHSethIO 14 months ago
Sarah sorry about the Herpes.
Mexican food is the ONLY way to go!
I have a soft spot for late night grilled cheese sanwiches as well. Dont know why but i get serious cravings for them.
Cousin vinnys might be the worst pizza I've ever consumed in my life, terrible.
Great topic and the choices are limitless. I have Taco Bell, Steak and Shake, Waffle House and White Castle all within 1 mile of my house.....I like to spread the wealth sometimes.
Most of the time I hit up the Bell for 3 Chicken Soft Tacos and 1/2 Chili Cheese Burritos with lots of FIre Sauce. My stomach and ass always thank me mulitple times the next day.
For any of you in the midwest that have La Bamba.....Burritos as big as your head cannot be beat.
When I lived on campus it was either Catfish Biffs pizza or LaBamba. I can still hear the guy now...“combination,Amigo? Everything, Amigo? "
Now it's either White Castle or Waffle House. I try to do neither though. At 32 years old, late night eats don't go as well as they used to the next day.
This always depends on region. My drunk food on Amelia island is completely different than what it was in Jax or Miami or Atlanta or Cinci or Columbus or Detroit when I lived in those places. Also, I've traveled a little and sampled nice drunk food in many places in America. So I will rate my favorite drunk foods regardless of location. So keep in mind, they are likely not available where you are located.
1. Port Of Call - New Orleans, LA (Cheeseburger and baked potato. Its freaking unreal)
2. Premanti Bros - Pittsburgh, PA (I get the Cap and Cheese)
3. La Bamba's - Columbus, OH (Mmmmm... Burritos...)
4. Skyline or Gold Star - Cincinatti, OH (3 way and some coneys)
5. Bates Burgers - Detroit, MI (Its a Detroit area staple)
6. In-N-Out Burger - anywhere ("Those are good burgers Walter")
7. Moon River Pizza - Jacksonville, FL (Large T-Rex please)
8. Krystals - anywhere (I like them better than White Castle)
9. Taco Cabana - all over TX and some in other states
10. Whattaburger - same as Taco Cabana
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
If you know Chris well, then perhaps we have met. He and I go way back to Jr High wrestling.
I'm shocked to see people from the "Beer Thread" over here! *sarcasm* OK, here it goes:
1) Gyro stands from either, in front of Guido's Townhouse at Akron U. or, back in the day, The Flats!
2) Sunshine Pizza from Bar Cento in the basement of The Bier Market on W.25th in C-town!
The Next Day: Sloppy Ben Burger (run it through the garden), Batter Fried Musrooms and a Large Chili w/onions, cheese and sour cream from The Pub in Athens!
Wow, "Next Day" food is an entirely different topic. There is "drunk food" and "day after" food.
If I can muscle down some breakfast I'm usually Long Duck Dong the following morning. "No more yanky my wanky. The Donger NEED FOOD!!!!" When that happens I need a diner or some kind of old school cookin. On the island we have great places.
1. Barbara Jeans (They are in Jax, Amelia Isl, St Simons Isl, Hilton Head and a few more places I believe. Best home cookin ever. Pumpkin bread is AWESOME!)
2. Parkway Grill (I love their Sausage Egg and Cheese sandwiches)
3. 29 South (They have a freakin amazing Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict)
4. Ms. Carolyns (awesome Diner)
If I don't feel like sitting down anywhere and just need hangover food to bring back home, there are only two options:
1. Chic-Fil-A (Chicken biscuits. 2 of them. And a HUGE coca cola)
2. McDonalds (Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle. I want to shake the hand of the man who thought of using pancakes instead of bread for a breakfast sandwich)
You see that sign that says 'Rib Tips'??
>>> 1. Chic-Fil-A (Chicken biscuits. 2 of them. And a HUGE coca cola)
I mix up that recipe. The chicken biscuit is a given but I also need some fatty sausage. Usually a sausage breakfast burrito or a sausage egg and cheese biscuit.
I just wish Chick-Fil-A had "real" sausage gravy.
You live in Atlanta though man. Skip Chic-Fil-A... Go to Mrs Winners!!!! For two reasons:
1. The chicken biscuits are actually better I kid you not
2. Open on Sundays
I think serving at 2:00am should be a requirement to make the night before list.
I'm so past out after midnight these days. But back in the day........
The Sunday thing.... Good point. I find myself craving on a Sunday but can't cuss them because I respect them.
EDIT: Near a Flying Biscuit? EDIT II: Nix the Flying Biscuit. Way to healthy to apply.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by AtlantaBuck 13 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports