In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
Bring it here for non-sports chatter that causes spirited, informed debate.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Go take a visit - you can sum the feelings up in 3 points.
1. They think Urban Meyer is a slimeball because of the videotape non-story.
2. They think Brax is a puss because he fumbled when his knee wasn't really hurt.
3. Of course 99% think the Cornhuskers will roll at the Shoe this weekend.
I'm actually impressed that people in Nebraska have computers and the innerweb.
Gotta agree with them on point #2. Softest thing I seen from a Buckeye since Beanie did the same after hurting his toe against Ohio.
If your just going to let the ball go then throw it out of bounds or fall on top of it.
If you were a Nebraska fan......you'd think.....and the majority of this Forum would think......the exact same thing.
I agree...with the way his knee locked up...that could have been a torn-up knee.
Have you ever had a hyper-extended knee? And a possible dislocated hip? Soft? WTF?
Anyone who has ever been an actual athlete cringed at that scene. A less physically fit player would have had major damage.
What do you mean by the videotape non-story? Are you referring to the magazine article with the "circle of trust" thing? The EPSN Inside Access thing? I didn't know there was a story, or a non-story there.
Soft? Are u kidding me? He couldn't throw it out of bounds he was passed the line of scrimmage. And he had no way to catch his fall. Fall on top of it?
Well, I'm gonna get hammered or banned over there for the comment that I just posted. Couldn't stand seeing any more of this crap about what the OP is referring to. Here's my comment...
Feel free to downvote me after reading this, I don't mind. Just want to point out some facts.
1. Braxton didn't just "drop" the ball. It is possible to hyper-extend your knee without doing any actual damage, as a person who's involved in athletics all the time (Crossfit 4-5x/week and basketball leagues 2-3 times per year) I can tell you that what happened to him on that play is scary and hurts like hell. If he was to hold onto the ball, he should be commended. So, everyone can stop calling out his man card for what happened. He's one of the best players in college football and, he's been carrying our team taking hit after hit throughout the first 5 weeks, and continues to get back up.
2. If you're questioning our D, then I'll point out that we held a top-10 RB to a sub-50 yard rushing performance. Ball (not even a top-25 RB this year) had 90 rushing yards and 3 TD's against your D, so you may want to focus more on your D than ours. Also, and I'll back this up by saying go watch the game film, Maxwell can throw. Can his receivers catch, not always, but that doesn't necessarily remove the threat. Our DB's stepped up in coverage, which allowed us to control the game defensively (aside from one major breakdown TD pass). You say we're fast but undisciplined, I say we'll see Saturday night.
3. Lay off of Urban. If the film issue was such a big deal, I'm sure Delaney would've been involved. The fact of the matter is, it was a minor issue that was resolved between AD's. I know it's fun to look for any little thing to expose and hate about a proven winner, but it's irrelevant. I would encourage you all to worry more about Pelini's impending Richter-scale head explosion one of these days.
All that being said, I won't talk down about Nebraska or issue any ill-will towards any part of the team. In fact, one of my better friends is a die-hard Nebraska fan. I hope for a good, clean game with no injuries and no controversy that I'll be watching live from the Block-O.
Just when I thought I couldn't think less of you as a buckeye fan you find a way to drop it down another notch.
Hyperextending a knee hurts like a mofo....not to mention its scary as hell....Im sure he was sweating bullets during those acl tests on the sidelines.
Agree, does it hurt less if you drop the football?
He was out of the pocket as a runner. He was also on the sideline. He could have tossed or "fumbled" the ball out of bounds before just tossing it away with no regard.
I know he was hurt (although not that bad because he came right back in) but you just don't toss the ball away like that. If he couldn't toss it out of bounds then he could have just fell holding the ball.
That was softness. Good player but wack to do with the game on the line like that. If you're going to say to hell with the ball then I expect you to get carried off on a stretcher.
Did he have a dislocated hip or a serious knee injury? Nope
Was he able to come right back in the game? Yes, so don't just give Michigan state the ball then. Hit the ground first and then let the ball go. The pain will be the same regardless.
If your going to give their defense a freebie then I expect you to go out like Santonio Holmes did yesterday. Carried off
Not the brightest thing I've ever read...
Smash through to Victory
I guess you didn't see Miller's knee hyper-extend. I thought it would be a serious knee injury. I was surprised when he came back. The kid is as tough as nails.
How is jamming your knee and dropping a football soft?
I'd like to put a football in your hands and jam your knee the same way Braxton did and then when you drop the ball, I'd smack the shit out of you for dropping it and say "if you're going to let the ball go then throw it".
...THEN I'd ask you if you think that makes sense.
Have you ever been a QB for a BCS team? If not then shut up because you don't have a clue.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports