In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Shazier: 111 tackles, 68 solo, 43 asst, 4 sacks, 3 ff, 1 int, and 1 td
Te’o: 96 tackles, 43 solo, 53 asst, 1.5 sacks, 0 ff, and 6 int.
Shazier has 15 more tackles, 25 more solo tackles, 2.5 more sacks, 3 more ff, but Te’o has 5 more interceptions.
Sorry if any of those are incorrect. I went off ESPN.
This should end talks of Te'o for Heisman. You don't win a Heisman because you lost family members.
If Te'o is in New York it is absolute horse shit.
Just like Ron Paulis was going to win 4 Heisman's at Notre Dame. They always get extra push by the media. It's crap.
Like I've been saying: Braxton Miller for Heisman!
I don't even know who should win the Heisman.
Here's an excerpt from a thread I started a few days ago:
I decided to look at the numbers to make sure that my anti-ND bias wasn't clouding my judgement. I went to the NCAA website, http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2012&div=IA&site=org. There are 8 defensive statistical categories. After 10 games, here is what I found:
1) Total Tackles: Manti is tied for 39th nationally (92 tackles). 34 other LB's are ranked ahead of him, including Ryan Shazier at 25th.
2) Solo Tackles: Manti is tied for 89th nationally (46 solo). 50 other LB's are ranked ahead of him, including Ryan Shazier at 16th.
3) Tackles for Loss: Manti is not ranked among the 117 listed (7 TFL's). Of the 117 listed, 51 were LB's, including Ryan Shazier at 46th.
4) Sacks: Manti is not ranked among the 117 listed (1 and a half sacks). Of the 117 listed, 32 were LB's. John Simon was tied at 79th.
5) Passes Defended: Manti is tied for 50th nationally. His 10 passes defended ranks him tied for 2nd among LB's behind the one and only...you guessed it, Ryan Shazier (#1 among LB's and tied for 39th nationally). Bradley Roby leads the nation in this category.
6) Interceptions: Props to Manti. He is ranked 3rd nationally and leads all LB's in this category (6 INT's).The next closest LB has 4 INT's...as does Travis Howard, who ranks tied for 15th nationally.
7) Forced Fumbles: Manti is not ranked among the 193 listed. Of the 193 listed, 62 were LB's. Ryan Shazier is tied for 90th nationally and tied for 32nd among LB's.
8) Fumbles Recovered: There is a discrepancy in the records. Manti either has 1 or 2. If he has 1, he is not ranked nationally. If he has 2, then he is tied for 49th nationally with 23 other LB's ranked ahead of him.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports