In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 2542
Online now 2320 Record: 10904 (2/4/2012)
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Me committing sooner than before has NOTHING to do with deshaun.
8:03 PM - 25 Apr 13 · Details
We may have lost the battle......but not the war.
Then that must mean that it has everything to do with Deshaun.
LOL. naw I get ya.....
This post was edited by MattC509 12 months ago
Watson has retweeted it. It seems like he wants Kitt to have time to make his own decision, one that he has yet to make. Things look much better for the Buckeyes....
lol thats exactly what i was thinking. I hope it doesnt but if it didnt you would not need to clarify that as everyone would see it didnt when you choose a different school.
People have been pestering him about it. It's evident that he is still interested in the other schools and that he doesn't want to disrespect him. I feel as though we are tied for the leader position.
Exactly, buckeye fans are giving him flack for it and he's trying to "keep the suspense."
No, I don't think that's the case. I think we have a 45% chance of landing Kitt. I think Clemson is at 45%, and Tennessee at 10%.
Why does it have to he buckeye fans? Why couldn't it he Georgia fans?
I absolutely HATE the fact that fans can talk to recruits on twitter. It only takes a few idiots from your own fan base to annoy and pester a guy to give your school a bad reputation. I wish people would leave the recruiting to coaches. I see Orlando Brown and Clifton Garrett retweet a million things a day from every fan base in the nation trying to recruit them to their school. It's pretty lame.
If kids don't want to be tweeted , then why are they on twitter? Even more, why retweet everything..
The recruiting game has changed. Many of these kids seek followers. The OSU fan base need to be out there showing love.
I think Kitt is sold on being the next Sammy Watkins. He is one of the few current NCAA players I see him retweet often. I don't know that he even follows any current OSU players? Might mean nothing, or might mean everything.
I love that twitter can provide instant access to a recruit's thoughts/reactions and I also love that #buckeyenation can create a following that will pump up said recruit, but otherwise I agree. I wish the communication were a one way street!
I know the kids like the attention from fans, and fans like to feel they're helping, but it always turns into a flame war between fans from different schools, with the player in the middle. Here's a sample of what always happens,
Tenn fan: come to Tennessee, we're building something great!
OSU fan: you were 1-7 in the SEC last year.
Tenn fan: the big ten sucks. OSU would be 0-8 if they were in the SEC
OSU: TN football hasn't been relevant for a decade
Tenn fan: Urban Meyer is a cheater and a quitter
OSU: you're a redneck racist.
There are literally dozens of these going on at one time, involving multiple schools. And all the while, the recruit is "tagged" or whatever the word is on twitter, so he gets to see it all. If people aren't insulting other schools, they're kissing ass in the worst way imaginable. Crap like, "I hope you choose (my school), but if you don't I know you'll be great wherever you go." or "I can't wait to see you in the NFL after you dominate at (my school). You'll be first team all-conference as a freshman because all our seniors are leaving!"
What's wrong with a war between schools?
It's the same thing the coaches do behind closed doors. Plus I don't OSU falling behind when it comes to showing kids love. This is coming from someone who has never tweeted a kid but do appreciate the Buckeye army out there making sure other schools aren't the only ones showing the love.
I don't always agree with you but I do in this case.
I think Kitt LOVES the drama and attention and is trying to build up suspense for his announcement that he is committing to Clemson
these kids bring it upon themselves. Not that i agree with it, but it is part of the recruiting game these days. Every time a kid gets an offer the first thing they do is go to twitter and announce said offer and ask for followers from that particular fan base.
Furthermore, If a recruit is going to base their decision off what people on twitter say, then I am not sure I want that player. I want guys that are mentally tough and are focused on winning NC's.
He actually does follow some current OSU players as well as current OSU commits. Doesn't mean a thing but just letting you know. I still think he is a slight Clemson lean.
I could not agree with this more. I find it creepy that grown men are tweeting high school kids and selling them on going to their favorite school. That should be left to the men that get paid to do that for a living.
Doesn't matter. He is committing to Clemson. The "why" is irrelevant. He could be committing early because space aliens landed and told him they would melt his brains out if he didn't commit early.
"The only thing That Team Up North will be tasting this year is the salty tears of defeat" - UFM
Clemson...all the "insiders" with their sources are predicting Clemson. Pretty sure their sources are all a bit more solid than a vague Twitter posting..
Except for the fact that Kitt is nowhere near the talent Sammy Watkins possesses. Kitt is looks like a very solid possession WR, but he's not an electric game-breaker like Watkins.
And now we can officially ink him to Clemson. lol Oh well, on to the next one. But gotta admit, Dabo is putting a damper on my 2014 recruiting class hopefuls thusfar...he's doing a great job.
Lol, I remember when you guys gave up on Bell, Clark, and EZE. You guys were wrong, BIG TIME. It aint over until it's over. It's still not clear what Kitt is thinking right now. You can guess all you want, but you've been wrong plenty before. Was it not that long ago that he declared Ohio State is leader, even when he knew Watson was 95% going to Clemson? How quickly you forget. There's a chance that Kitt ends up a Buckeye. If you guys were recruiters, you'd fail miserably. You'd give up on guys that you'd end up landing had you kept with them.
I hope I am wrong bud...really do. I have no problem eating crow
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports