In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
The place to be for topics too hot for any place else
Share your favorite pix, a special lady in your life or someone else's life
You have no favorite boards.
Time and change will surely (truly) show
How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!
What if Howard Stern made a similar comment?
This is sports talk radio with a shock radio facet to it.
Just like with Stern, in which people tune in just to hear what he says / does next, people like to hear what's going to come out of Torg's mouth next.
The tweet wasn't a death-threat. It was part or the whole program modus operandi.
One thing that is ruining this country is too much sensitivity to where people are starting to walk on egg shells.
Our First Amendment is freedom of speech. True, it doesn't exactly apply in this case, but look at the direction this is headed in.
People like shock radio and reality TV because of the shock factor. Because of the "What's going to be said / done next?" It's a refreshing turn from the typical politically correct society we're starting to become.
In the end, I'm not condoning what Torg said or maybe he could have worded it differently, etc.
But what I am saying is the show and the guy are known for shock factor.
I think Herbie took some missteps on this and I think this thing just needs to die down and Torg go back on the air.
Stupid, stupid situation.
I hope people who are sticking up for Torg based on it being his own personal facebook or twitter realize that if you are on social media now, employers ask people interviewing for jobs for access to their sites to see what they post. So just cause you think its your page and you can do what you want, doesn't mean it wont stop a company from hiring your or firing you.
My opinion on this mess....
1) I don't like the Torg's show that much. It's OK, but not my style. I listen only occasionally.
2) He should never have made his stupid comment.
3) His, and similar radio shows, make routine extreme comments to provoke responses and get attention/people to call in.
4) I believe he deserves to be reprimanded; but not necessarily fired for this.
5) Sometimes I agree with Herbstreit...sometimes not....but overall he does a good job and we Buckeye fans tend to be very harsh on him.
6) I do not believe Herbie should have gotten involved in this....Torg should have apologized, been reprimanded, and everybody go on with their lives.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports