In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1556
On this Board 1796Record: 6110 (2/14/2012)
Online now 3392Record: 10904 (2/4/2012)
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
The place to be for topics too hot for any place else
Share your favorite pix, a special lady in your life or someone else's life
You have no favorite boards.
Hail Hail to MeatChicken the Cesspool of the World!
check out bloguin.com or awfulannouncing.com. Follow me @bkoo on twitter.
ESPN used an asset to accomplish a goal of theirs and I'm sure the band or the school was compensated in some form for their efferts. I doubt either did this out of friendship or good will.
I firmly believe ESPN is a collection of brain dead chromosomally challenged dickweeds who need to be set on fire. Just because they chose to use the OSU marching band to further THEIR agenda....not OSU's.....does not make all they have done in the past disappear.
If others personally want to view it differently then that is their choice. Me? I don't give those assholes one minute of my time on the TV. If I have to watch it due to my game being telecast, I watch it on TIVO so I can skip commercials and any sort of halftime show. Screw them and their sponsers and the horse they rode in on.
Throw them all in a wood chipper and bury them in the bottom of a slit trench latrine.
"The only thing That Team Up North will be tasting this year is the salty tears of defeat" - UFM
Seems fairly straight-forward to me...ESPN has a love-hate relationship with OSU.
- OSU positive content/mentions draw a huge number of eyeballs = ratings = ad money
- Bashing OSU draws ratings (nationally due to OSU hate and from OSU fans) = ad money
- OSU is the B10 flagship = BTN asset = competitor asset = potential higher costs
- SEC and ACC success/popularity is preferable to B10 due to TV deals.
- Recruits, Players and Fans love to see Buckeyes getting good press on ESPN
- ESPN publicity = ticket and merchandise sales = money
- ESPN publicity = improved drawing power for BTN's OSU content = money
- OSU hates to see bad press and a lot of it has come from ESPN.
Money trumps discomfort. As Denali said, it's strictly business.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports