In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to discuss inside information, the latest rumors and scoop on the Buckeyes
Anything and everything football related that has to do with your Buckeyes
If it's football recruiting, OSU-style, it's cussed and discussed here
Talk a little Buckeye basketball with your fellow Ohio State hoopsters
Bring it here for non-sports chatter that causes spirited, informed debate.
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Heck we have had some rough times, times where they looked great and times that they really made me puke seconds after.. But I am a Buckeye Homer ..So am focusing on the good parts.. Like an optimist should.
Post your fav, moment of this season, play or most exciting/ awesome stuff this season. Heck we have a thread dedicated to clowney's hit , so i figured I might as well have one for our own players and their 12-0 accomplishment this season.
I present to you Mr. Razor Shazier demolishing the Cal bears QB, good thing he had his helmet on tight.
Post your fav play.... here also. Offense or Defense ..doesn't matter.
Ryan Shazier from Ohio State has a huge hit against Cal's quarterback.
This post has been edited 3 times, most recently by ghBuck23 18 months ago
Too logical, too obvious, too simple, therefore unacceptable to this board...
Don't have any video. 1. Braxton's 1 yard jitterbug run for a TD. 1a. Shazier's hit on UW's RB at the goal line, knocking the ball loose -w- OSU recovering.
AAAhhh, good times!
Don't really have one off the top of my head. But I'm thinking Kenny G should be in the mix....and Devin's catch was a great way to start the year.
"Any board that would ban 3yds is worthless"
Ball came loose ..pun intended.
Montee Ball fumbles on the 1-yard line
I can't narrow it down to just one. For me, there were four:
1) Braxton's 33-yard keeper to PSU's 6-yard line. We were down 6-0. He didn't score but the reason it's memorable is because Hyde and Rod Smith lined up together like they were in a veer backfield. Hyde bolted left like he was a pitch option while Braxton faked to Smith and then followed him through the hole. It showed me we could run a power running game out of the spread-option.
2a) Kenny Guiton to Chris Fields with :03 left in the Purdue game to bring us within 2; 2b) Guiton to Jeff Heuerman for the 2-point conversion to tie it at 22-22 and force OT. Guiton completed 13 passes all season and Fields and Heuerman caught only 4 and 8, respectively, but no pass Braxton threw or any pass anyone else caught were bigger.
3) Diesel Washington running past Taylor Lewan like he was at bottle of low-fat dressing at the salad bar of an Overeaters Anonymous banquet and knocking the ball out of Devin Gardner's hands like it was the last cupcake on the dessert tray. I'll bet Jadeveon Clowney watched that play so many times, he wore the projector out. And then he wore Lewan out.
4) Zach Boren sacking Devin Gardner and then standing over him like he was Muhammad Ali standing over vanquished Sonny Liston.
+1 on #4, was what I was thinking, just one of those moments you remember ...... and so does Gardner!
OSU's goal line stand against Wiscy anf Ryan Shazier's hit forcing Monte Bell to cough up the ball was my favorite play of 2012.
The way I remember it...
Ryan Shazier and the Ohio State defense stuff Wiscys Monte Ball at the goal line. Dazed, Monte coughs up the football. Go Bucks!
Patrick : "What do you think about the Ohio State hire?" Hoke: "Not...not good"
1) Shazier's int wearing his pals number vs PSU
2) Homan on Gardner
3) Simon vs Wisky (The entire F-ing game)
4) Devin's catch
5) 12-0 (UFM "hits" town)
How firm thy friendship O-HI-O
Bingo...My first thought was KG.
I really liked to see Simon and Nate sandwich the QB, but I can't remember the QB. Was it McGroin?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports